Be the first to know about new homes, communities & news
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team. We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our passionate team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of professionals in a fun and rewarding environment, then we invite you to send us your resume for future opportunities at Lexis!
The successful candidate will take on responsibilities in a wide array of jobs roles. As such, the successful candidate will need to possess a wide range of skills or show the ability to develop these skills as required. This job role entails interior design, client relations, product and material selections, administration duties, and helping Lexis lead the way in implementing intriguing new concepts and materials. It is not expected that the candidate will have experience in all job tasks listed below. However, it will be necessary for the candidate to want to participate in these roles and learn them on the go.
As the Design and Style job title implies, this person will take the lead in ensuring that homes built by Lexis have stunning designs and materials. As such, the person filling this role must be creative, and innovative. In order to facilitate the development of interior design details, the candidate should be proficient with the use of software (CAD, Sketchup, other) that enables the presentation and revisions of these designs.
Top quality organization skills will be mandatory for this position. Home building requires the coordination of hundreds of tasks, people and materials throughout a single project. With multiple projects ongoing at any one time, the need for a high level of organization becomes apparent. Developing and implementing efficient systems are crucial for successfully repeating the home building process time and time again. Attention to detail is a must!
In this position, the candidate will be working closely with both clients and prospective clients. As a result, top quality “people skills” are mandatory. With existing clients, we are looking for someone who works well with people and is intent on keeping our clients happy throughout the process. With potential clients, we require someone who is outgoing and easy for people to talk to. We need to be able to create conversations with people to inform them about the unique and modern homes that Lexis builds.
Excellent communication is another key skill that is mandatory for this role. With the shear volume of tasks taking place at any one time, it is imperative that both verbal and written (email) communications are clear and concise for clients, suppliers, and fellow co-workers.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to take on a substantial amount of responsibility in their role. We envision this candidate as being a key part of the team. As such we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has the drive to get tasks done when they need to get done. As part of the selection process, all applicants will be asked to participate in preparing some design ideas and concepts for actual homes to aid us in evaluating design skills.
Title: Design and Style
Start date: Fall 2018
Term: 12 months+
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Future incentives: Annual bonuses based on achievement of goals, motivation, initiatives, etc.
|Key Qualifications: |
* Exceptional design creativity and skills
* Great communication skills
* Top quality people skills
* Highly organized
* Creative mind
* Proficient with design software (CAD, Sketchup, other)
* Must be self motivated and results orientated
* Interior Design Diploma/Degree or Architectural Technology Diploma
Bonus skills (not mandatory):
* Sales experience
* Experience in residential design
SAMPLE JOB ROLES:
* Work with the team to develop new home designs (exteriors, interiors) and floor plans
* Detailed designs (feature walls/concepts, kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, fireplaces, railings, etc)
* Material selections (flooring, lighting, millwork, windows, paint, appliances, plumbing fixtures, etc)
* Communicate design details to the tradespeople that will be building/installing the design items
* Coordinate design details amongst all parties (suppliers, clients, etc)
* Manage orders/delivery of finishing items
* Participate in detailed kitchen design meetings
* Source out new design concepts/trends/materials for use in new homes (sources such as showhomes, online, conferences)
* Work closely with Lexis clients and advise them on design related aspects of the home
* Walk through homes with custom home clients at various stages of construction
* Communications with clients (current clients, potential clients)
* Provide an amazing customer experience for all of our clients from beginning to end
* Accompany clients at meetings at suppliers (lighting, flooring, railings, plumbing fixtures, etc)
* Work with the Lexis team onsite to wrap up all “punchlist” items before home possessions
* Coordinate home staging companies to set up the home staging appropriately
* Miscellaneous administration tasks
* Always be looking for areas for continuous improvement in the company (efficiencies, processes)
* Utilize our custom home building software extensively to communicate design details to clients, suppliers
If you are interested in this position please email a cover letter and resume as well as any other information that you see fit to provide that relates to this position (ie. previous designs/concepts).
1124 8th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7H 0S4
phone: (306) 934-8150